How it Works
A coordinate measuring machine (CMM) is a 3D measurement and capturing device. It is used to measure the geometrical properties of an object and produces a 3D CAD file when scanning is complete. This device can be either manually or automatically. Measurements are determined by a laser probe, which can be attached to a third axis of the machine. It can also be a handheld device.
Full Dimensional Inspection (PPAP):
The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is required by automobile and industrial manufacturers to ensure the supplier is meeting product requirements before production begins.
Checking Fixtures and Gauges Calibration and Certification:
One aspect of Metrology is the checking fixtures, gauge calibration and certification. These fixtures need to be certified before production can begin, and certification must be done on a yearly basis at minimum. Fixture and gauges are certified under ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
First Article Inspection:
This inspection ensures customers specifications are met before production begins.
2D and 3D Scanning (Digitizing):
At Proto3000 we are able to generate 2D and 3D part scanning, drawing or CAD using our SP600M scanning probe. This is useful when the geometry of the shape is complex, as our high performance scanner enables us to capture every detail.
By producing a prototype before production begins, you are able to inspect it to ensure it meets all quality and performance standards.
Allows you to make changes and verify everything works properly, before production begins.
Using our analog scanning probe, the SP600M, we offer digitizing and reverse engineering services from Part to CAD model. This has several applications, such as improving the existing design and developing it digitally.
Capability Studies (SPC):
Statistical Process Control is a method of using statistics to measure quality control in manufacturing. The goal is to improve the process in a variety of ways, such as reducing waste.
We offer two major types of programming, On Site CMM and Off Line CMM.
We offer customized, individual reports to our customers upon request.
3rd Party Independent Laboratory Dispute Resolution:
When disputes arise between customers and suppliers, it can be difficult to resolve without the help of a third party. That's where we come in, and perform an inspection with highly experienced professionals. We will provide you with evidence that will allow you to resolve your dispute effectively, and in a manner that will prevent additional future conflicts.
The Handyscan 3D™ line-up is offers unique laser scanning systems for optimal scanning solutions. Breakthrough scientific technology and innovative design make the Handyscan a top-rated market leader.
Top 7 reasons to choose the Handyscan 3D line-up of products :
- Innovative positioning targets and easy setup (reflective self-adhesive material)
- No external tracking devices needed (no CMM, portable arms, etc.)
- Complete freedom of movement (accessibility / portability allow limitless scanning orientation in confined spaces)
- The Handyscan 3D scanners are easy to use
- Shortest learning curve for laser scanners in any category
- Easy set up and scan functions. (ready to start scanning in under 2 minutes)
- Superior technical specifications
- The Handyscan 3D scanners yield among the top data quality available in laser scanning technologies on the market
- High flexibility for data processing and management for all purposes
- Affordable scanner and setup costs
- Minimal investment for high ROI
- Low maintenance costs
- Short learning curve
- Travel versatility / agility
- In-house or onsite
- Great for service jobs/ tradeshows/ site inspections ect.
- Flexibility and agility
- Results are not limited by part size
- Capable of scanning parts of any color
- The Handyscan 3D scanners are lightweight and ergonomic
- They allow for extended usage without any discomfort
Trends, Applications, History and Outlook
With a market growing in technology, the future is very bright for CMM Inspection. We have noticed a growing demand for our portable, handheld scanners as they produce high quality files without sacrificing size. No matter your industry or expertise, out machines are easy to use and will produce results that exceed your expectations.