How it Works
A coordinate measuring machine (CMM) is a 3D measurement and capturing device. It is used to measure the geometrical properties of an object and produces a 3D CAD file when scanning is complete. This device can be either manually or automatically. Measurements are determined by a laser probe, which can be attached to a third axis of the machine. It can also be a handheld device.
Full Dimensional Inspection (PPAP):
The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is a requirement of all automobile manufacturers and similar industrial manufacturers for outside parts manufacturers and suppliers. This process must be completed, submitted and approved before the part production begins.
Checking Fixtures and Gauges Calibration and Certification:
A valuable part of Metrology is the process of checking fixtures, gauge calibration and certification. Variable or Attribute checking fixtures need to be verified and certified before they get to be used in production. Checking fixtures and gauges needs to be measured for verification and certification at least once a year. All fixture and gauges are certified under ISO/IEC 17025:2005
First Article Inspection:
Before production begins, Part Inspection is used to ensure it is appropriate to the customer’s specification right from the beginning.
2D and 3D Scanning (Digitizing):
We can generate 2D and 3D part scanning, drawing or CAD, this is particularly important where non-prismatic, complex, free-form or organic geometry exists. We use one of the most accurate analog scanning probes in the industry – SP600M.
We create Pre-production prototype inspection for all purposes.
Pre-production tooling inspection and tool rework verification.
Digitizing and Reverse Engineering Services from Part to CAD model, using our advance analog scanning probe – SP600M.
Capability Studies (SPC):
Statistical Process Control is the statistical analysis of measurement data collected from the manufacturing process to determining its viability and making educated corrections to a process.
On Site CMM Programming and Off Line CMM Programming.
Customized report as per customer request.
3rd Party Independent Laboratory Dispute Resolution:
Occasionally disputes arise between the supplier and customer. Right or wrong we will get to the root of the problem. Our inspection is performed by highly professional and experienced professionals that will present you with the most accurate and detailed reports and road maps, that are easy to read and to resolve your dispute quickly and effectively.
The Handyscan 3D™ line-up is offers unique laser scanning systems for optimal scanning solutions. Breakthrough scientific technology and innovative design make the Handyscan a top-rated market leader.
Top 7 reasons to choose the Handyscan 3D line-up of products :
- Innovative positioning targets and easy setup (reflective self-adhesive material)
- No external tracking devices needed (no CMM, portable arms, etc.)
- Complete freedom of movement (accessibility / portability allow limitless scanning orientation in confined spaces)
- The Handyscan 3D scanners are easy to use
- Shortest learning curve for laser scanners in any category
- Easy set up and scan functions. (ready to start scanning in under 2 minutes)
- Superior technical specifications
- The Handyscan 3D scanners yield among the top data quality available in laser scanning technologies on the market
- High flexibility for data processing and management for all purposes
- Affordable scanner and setup costs
- Minimal investment for high ROI
- Low maintenance costs
- Short learning curve
- Travel versatility / agility
- In-house or onsite
- Great for service jobs/ tradeshows/ site inspections ect.
- Flexibility and agility
- Results are not limited by part size
- Capable of scanning parts of any color
- The Handyscan 3D scanners are lightweight and ergonomic
- They allow for extended usage without any discomfort
Trends, Applications, History and Outlook
With a market growing in technology, the future is very bright for CMM Inspection. We have noticed a growing demand for our portable, handheld scanners as they produce high quality files without sacrificing size. No matter your industry or expertise, out machines are easy to use and will produce results that exceed your expectations.