Digital Technology Specialist (Dental, CAD/CAM) | 2 positionsApply Now
Digital Dentistry is improving the Dental Laboratory workflow and patient care. For over 15 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our dental portfolio of products and services.
We are looking for two Digital Technology Specialists – Customer Support (Dental, CAD/CAM) – who are mechanically inclined, keen to learn, and can provide training and support to our end customers.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Digital Technology Specialist (Dental, CAD/CAM) – 2 positions
In this multifaceted role, your primary responsibilities will be providing customer service, training and support to our customers and sales and service teams through your strong technical skills and aptitude.
You will be taught how to integrate CAD / CAM software to operate our dental mills, dental printers, intraoral scanners, and lab scanners, allowing you to provide training and support to our customers.
Your excellent relationship-building and communication skills mean that you can also deliver technical training to our customers, from beginner level (clinic) to advanced (lab). Some examples of the products include Medit, exocad, exoplan, hyperDENT, Millbox, iCAM, and provide software demonstrations when required.
Your technical background and desire to learn dental and orthodontic workflows will allow you to work on R&D projects to improve CAD/CAM workflows, while delivering benchmark analysis and technical sales support to our account managers. The ability to successfully operate and demonstrate our Dental 3D printers and mills will be a key component.
Success in this role means handling customer service and support inquiries while providing great training sessions and ensuring customer happiness and success, all while being comfortable both in and outside the lab. This is a challenging and rewarding role, with exciting work and great potential for career growth.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. Total compensation for this role includes an attractive base salary, benefits, vacation, and vehicle/travel expenses.
You will occasionally be required to travel throughout Canada and the USA for training opportunities, so a valid driver’s license, vehicle, passport, and willingness/ability to do so is essential.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here, and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red tape to impede you from doing your job
- Positive attitude oriented towards problem-solving and helping customers be successful.
- Two years experience in a customer-facing role
- Two years of experience working with dental CAD/CAM products
- Experience in providing customer support is an asset
- Expertise with computers, IT, MS Windows and Google Workspace Apps
- Experience with any of the following products would be considered an asset (Medit, exocad, exoplan, hyperDENT, iCAM, Millbox, imes icore, VHF)
- Experience with DLP 3D printing would be considered an asset
- Experience with SLM metal printing would be considered an asset
- Experience with the design of metal frameworks would be considered an asset
- Experience in a similar technical training role is an asset
- Experience working in a dental/orthodontic laboratory is an asset
- Registered Dental Technician certification is considered an asset but not required
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid passport and ability to travel throughout Canada and the USA
- A post-secondary education, preferably in a dental technical field