Finance ManagerApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Finance Manager.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
This critical position will be a key contributor to operations improvement initiatives to facilitate an enriched performance in the finance business group.
Specifically, you will:
- Driving analysis of business performance (sales, pricing, margins, costing, etc.,)
- Hands-on self-starter with a proactive approach and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new software, knowledge of ERP computer systems would be considered an asset
- Prepare an annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and strategic analyses that drive improved decision making
- Prepare and present financial information for quarterly and annual reports
- Establish and maintain accounting best practices to ensure smooth business operations
- Review and monitor compliance with all accounting and financial internal controls
- Analyze and assess departmental cost procedures and controls
- Provide benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the departments
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Establish and maintain cash controls, the general ledger, and supplier accounts
- Oversee direct reports including accounts receivable, accounting administrator, administrative assistant
- Other duties, as assigned
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results and expenditures against targets and budgets
- Prepare financial outlooks and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements
- API integration experience would be an asset
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Overseeing grant submissions
- Amortization assets
The best in this role will do more than make good projections and develop talent: they’ll bring initiative and oversight to our financial operations, ensuring that the entire team has a shared sense of purpose while working towards shared goals.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. This position has a great opportunity for growth. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive compensation package with benefits and vacation. Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- We enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
The role will be well-suited to anyone who loves moving between small details, big picture, and management. Above all you are organized and motivated; you get teams organized and motivated too.
Specifically, we hope you will apply if you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting, finance or similar
- CPA/CGM designation
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a progressive accounting role that includes a management component in Canada
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or other accounting software programs
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with US tax and payroll would be considered an asset
- Experience developing an accounting department and adapting team functions, capacities, and efficiencies
Any of these will help you stand out:
- Experience with a tech company, manufacturing, automotive, and/or working knowledge of our industry
- API Integration experience