Mechanical EngineerApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services. Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team to assist in the design process for our customers. If you want to join a dynamic, innovative company with long track record of success in a fast-paced, exponential industry, apply below.
The Role of Mechanical Engineer
As our new mechanical engineer, you will perform a variety of tasks, all of which are integral to the success of our company. Your primary goal will be to manage the design process of a wide variety of objects and materials, every single day. You’ll need to be thoroughly versed in SolidWorks and CAD 3D, and ideally have some familiarity with Geomagics, Polyworks, and Creaform 3D scanners.
You’ll also have a genuine desire to succeed, which is why you’ll excel here. You’re motivated and think outside-the-box to solve interesting problems. You’ll exercise your creativity here, every day, as you dig deep into problems and draw on your manufacturing and mechanical engineering expertise to solve them and provide solutions to our customers.
You’ll be committed to learning the full breadth of our equipment and specifications, and in turn, be able to work independently to execute on your projects. You’ll also need to have exceptional time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities as you move from project to project on a daily basis.
Communication skills will also play a major role in your success, as you’ll frequently interact with our clients. You should be friendly and positive, and able to communicate complex ideas and designs in a manner that is easily understood by a wide range of engineers and non-engineers alike. This is an incredible opportunity to be far more than just a CAD data input role – you’ll have real opportunity for fascinating, hands-on design work, and the ability to grow with the company.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive compensation package with benefits and vacation. We will also provide you with any technology you need to do your job, including cell phone and laptop.
You will occasionally be required to travel throughout the GTA, so a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and willingness/ability to do so is essential.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company.
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success.
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job.
- A post-secondary education, in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Design, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 2 -3 years experience working in a mechanical engineering role
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks, 3D CAD modeling
- Fluent in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of Rapid Prototyping, 3D Laser Scanning, and Reverse Engineering would be considered an asset
- Experience in a customer-facing role would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license, and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout the GTA, with occasional overnight trips
- Professional-level fluency in English