Mechanical Engineering Design TechnologistApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Design Technologist – someone who will lead the sales of the materials division.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Mechanical Engineering Design Technologist
You’ll work to design and customize a variety of mechanical drawings. Starting with client specifications you will use your knowledge of relevant software, to model a variety of drawings, you’ll draft, adjust, and submit drawings that address specific client needs.
- Work with clients to determine solutions that work
- Provide direction, guidance to clients
- Use Solid Works/3D CAD modeling, 2D drawings
- Prepare sketches and drawings
- Provide mechanical design/drafting as requested
- Manage projects to meet deadlines
The best in this role will do more than produce working designs: they will take pride in their work and be interested in the business as a whole. If you’ve got the know-how to make substantial contributions, and the drive to see projects through, then this is the role for you.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. You may be required to travel within Ontario as required. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive base salary, commission, benefits, and vacation.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
- College graduate from a Mechanical Engineering or related program
- 2-3 years experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks, 3D CAD modeling
- Fluent in GD&T
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel within Ontario
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Experience in the customer service industry would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Rapid Prototyping, 3D Laser Scanning, and Reverse Engineering would be considered an asset