Technical Service CoordinatorApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 15 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for Industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Technical Service Coordinator who is primarily responsible for coordinating service delivery through planning, organizing and deploying technical personnel, technical parts and necessary purchase and/or billing requirements. This role will provide assistance to the Technical Support Manager to ensure all customer requirements are met and provided within the service portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent role based at our office in Vaughan, Ontario.
- Coordinate the delivery of service for our in-house and field service technical support team providing structure, organization, and accountability
- Responsible for scheduling the team and managing resources
- Assist the technical support manager with booking and coordinating travel
- Assist the technical support manager with managing schedules to ensure coverage and proper resource allocation
- Assist the technical support manager with scheduling onsite calls and installations
- Oversee the logistics and supply chain of the technical support department including vendor shipments, spare parts inventory, and shipments to customers
- Handle admin tasks such as system updates, order updates, install base updates, and ticket updates via our ticketing and CRM systems
- Communicate with our vendors and partners regarding outstanding issues, training, documentation, logistics, and all other items needed to deliver support
- Assist the technical support manager with coordinating site preparation between logistics, internal staff and end customers for upcoming installations
- Assist the technical support manager with coordinating and scheduling training for team members with our OEMs and partners
- Liaison between other departments to ensure interdepartmental communication and business transparency
- Organize and contribute to the development of technical support documentation including service manuals, troubleshooting guides, maintenance checklists, service contracts, and customer-facing knowledge base resources
Customer Service and Sales Responsibilities:
- Initial Customer Contact
- Coordinate Service Calendar
- Conduct customer courtesy calls, follow-up calls for quotes and follow-up calls for scheduling.
- Send renewal reminders for outgoing quotes.
- Follow up on quotes to assist in the sale of maintenance contracts and extender service contracts.
Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the delivery of stage 2 (field service) and stage 3 (vendor/OEM delivery) support
- Manage requests through omnichannel customer communication, including chat, web, phone, email, and messaging
- Provide updates on support tickets externally and internally
- Post-secondary education in Business, Technical support or related experience field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a service deployment coordination role
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and research skills while demonstrating sound judgement and attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving and a sense of urgency
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous direct customer-facing experience (in person, online and by phone are acceptable).
- Must be mechanically savvy
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Experience with Copper, Zohodesk, Calendly, Google G-Suite, Chat GPT, Panda docs, SOS Inventory, would be considered an asset.
WORKING @ PROTO3000
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they’ll tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red tape to impede you from doing your job
How to Apply
Fill in the below questionnaire and attach your resume.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Don’t hesitate to contact us if we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.