Accounting ManagerApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager. If you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
This critical position will consist of both advanced accounting functions and team management. You’ll be a technical expert for our accounting team.
On the technical side, you’ll need to have a very strong understanding of accounting practices and accounting software programs. In terms of management, you’ll need strong communication and leadership ability. Every team is a bit different; you have the awareness and flexibility to make the most out of a small accounting team.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for sales, pricing, margins costing, etc.
- Assist with an annual budget, that drives improved decision making.
- Conduct quarterly commission reviews.
- Establish and maintain accounting best practices to ensure smooth business operations.
- Review and monitor compliance with all accounting and financial internal controls.
- Establish and maintain cash controls, the general ledger, and supplier accounts.
- Manage & oversee inventory system software.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the departments.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversee direct reports including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and accounting administrator.
- Monitor amortization assets.
The best in this role will do more than make good projections and develop talent: they’ll bring initiative and oversight to our financial operations, ensuring that the entire team has a shared sense of purpose, while working towards shared goals. They will have worked in a variety of accounting roles, and be able to take on a versatile leadership position. This individual will lead by example and make decisions that are in the company’s best interest.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office, which has been outfitted with safety protocols for COVID-19, including masking and physical distancing. This position provides a great opportunity for growth and development. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive compensation package with benefits and vacation. Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on the success
- We enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
The role will be well-suited to anyone who loves moving between small details, big picture, and management. Above all, you are organized and motivated, you get teams organized and motivated too.
Specifically, we hope you will apply if you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting, finance, or similar
- CPA/CGM designation (or working towards your designation)
- 5–7 years experience in a progressive accounting role that includes 2-5 years of that management component in Canada
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or other accounting software programs (QuickBooks Online and/or Desktop)
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite
- Strong communication and coaching skills
- Experience in developing an accounting department and adapting team functions, capacities, and efficiencies
- Experience with US tax and payroll is considered an asset
- Know-how of 3rd party company relationships and overseeing/managing financial relationships with business partners.
Any these will help you stand out:
Experience with a tech company, manufacturing, automotive, and/or working knowledge of our industry.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.