Application SpecialistApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. It is transforming supply chains and reinventing product development and manufacturing cycles to be shorter and more efficient. The Proto3000 team is helping businesses make the transition to advanced manufacturing and our portfolio of products and services are crafted to address the growing challenges faced in design and production. We are looking for our newest team member to help apply 3D printing and 3D scanning to our clients unique applications.
You have a strong technical background, and a mind to solve various technical problems.
You also love people. Interacting with others gives you energy, and you feel good when you get to help others.
You’ve just graduated from school, or have been working in the mechanical, technical or design industry for a couple of years. Either way, you’re looking for a new opportunity that will give you the tools to grow.
Your main goal in this position is to support our sales and service teams by performing technical benchmarks and demonstrations for our customers.
Your primary responsibility is sales support. You’ll accompany our senior account manager to technical demonstrations to provide benchmarks for our products. You’ll be doing product demos, so you’ll need to have a strong technical background. You’ll provide recommendations to customers about which 3D Printed materials from Stratasys (and industry partners) to best suit their needs.
Your secondary responsibility is to work on printing/scanning service projects. You’ll meet with our services manager regularly to find out which projects you will support from beginning to end. And you will also be responsible for providing training to our customers.
Our business depends on happy customers, so naturally, customer service is imperative in this role. You’ll maintain high customer satisfaction, by providing service over the phone, through email, or on site. You’ll manage the customer experience as you help them through product training, demonstrations, and any technical questions.
To be the best in this role, you are:
- Motivated – You’re driven to succeed, believe in the company’s vision and goals, and dive in to make an immediate impact. You leave no stone unturned when searching for leads, and have an inherent ability to find key decision makers.
- Confident – You gain the trust of their clients, can speak with empathy and authority to all levels of people, from small business owners to CEO’s.
- Flexible and adaptable – you’re comfortable switching between tasks throughout the day and are excited to take on new challenges as they arise.
- Technically Inclined – whether your experience is professional or personal, you love cutting edge technology and are excited for an opportunity that involves technology that is changing every day.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working Monday to Friday, 9-5PM. We have a highly attractive total compensation package that includes benefits, vacation, and vehicle/travel expenses. We will also provide you with any technology you need to do your job, including a cell phone and laptop.
You will spend up to 50% of your time travelling throughout the GTA, so valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle is essential.
Ask our employees work here what it’s like to and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, up-beat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Mechanical engineering, Technology, or Design)
- Technical aptitude in a professional or personal setting
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to speak with clients and present
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and ability to travel (50%) within GTA
- Prior experience with CAD or 3D software (asset)
- Experience working in a similar role (asset)
Knowledge of 3D printers and 3D printing technology (asset)