Business Development Representative (Vaughan, HQ)Apply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 15 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative – someone who loves technology, is a strong communicator, and is comfortable providing technical training to clients.
You are looking to further grow our additive manufacturing service business in the North American market. The Business Development Representative will be responsible for generating new business opportunities through prospecting, sales demos, webinars, and a variety of other BD activities. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our revenue growth objectives. They must be comfortable making presentations, working with engineering teams, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and assisting in closing sales.
If you are an individual that enjoys cutting-edge technology and is looking for an opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company, Proto3000 is for you.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities and nurture relationships with established and new customers.
- Qualify incoming leads and project requests.
- Work with current and potential customers to understand project requirements, needs, budgets, and application/technology fit.
- Act as a subject matter expert in promoting the adoption of design, additive manufacturing, and post-processing products and services into our key markets -aerospace, automotive, consumer goods, defense, general manufacturing, and healthcare.
- Build and deliver presentations that effectively communicate our product and service value proposition for various industries and applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering, sales, quality control, and production/warehousing team to ensure customer projects are delivered on time and within spec.
- Influence and motivate buyers and decision-makers through pre-sales and post-sales consulting activities, including prospecting, pitching, closing, and follow-up.
- Identify new sales opportunities to achieve sales expansion through a variety of prospecting activities, including networking, social media, prospecting, webinars, conducting on-site sales calls, and cold calling.
- Manage customer relationships and account activity through our CRM system and other software management tools as needed, including our MES.
- Execute against Proto3000’s sales plan in support of company goals and objectives.
- Identify and understand trends within client-specific markets and industries.
- Prospect for potential new clients in the pursuit of building a solid pipeline through a variety of prospecting activities, including networking, social media, prospecting, webinars, trade shows, events, site visits, conducting on-site sales calls, and cold calling.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network;
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and following up to move opportunities through the sales funnel;
- Maintain customer relationships and ensure customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business;
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, participate in identifying and developing the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working at our Vaughan location. You’ll be compensated by a competitive base salary, commensurate with your experience.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a significant impact on the success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business Administration or Engineering or a related field or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience utilizing account management tools and best practices
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Effectively and appropriately represent the Company in contact with various business, professional, and industry organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to various hierarchies within an organization
- Travel – up to 50% of the time
- Self-starter and requires little to no supervision to achieve targets. We are looking for a “Hunter” mentality that can drive new revenue opportunities and contribute to the growth of the Ontario business unit.
- Experience selling manufacturing services is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Fill in the below questionnaire and attach your resume.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Don’t hesitate to contact us if we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.