Business Development RepresentativeApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services. Our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for the newest member of our team to help grow our 3D printing and 3D scanning business. If you want to join a a dynamic, innovative company with long track record of success in a fast paced, exponential industry, apply below.
As a high-energy, successful business development rep, you’re looking for two things in your next role: the opportunity to sell a huge amount of product across a wide-open market, and to do so with full administrative support so you can focus on closing the deal, and not get bogged down in the details.
Your goal in this position is to learn our business and our products inside out, and then sell as widely as possible. You’re highly self-motivated, driven to succeed, and eager to be on the road every single day closing deals.
From trade shows to networking to cold calling, you do what it takes to build leads, and bring in new clients. You’ll use your expertise to sell widely across a variety of industries, and build exception relationships with our internal team.
To be the best in this role, you are:
- Motivated – You’re driven to succeed, believe in the company’s vision and goals, and dive in to make an immediate impact. You leave no stone unturned when searching for leads, and have an inherent ability to find key decision makers.
- Confident – You gain the trust of their clients, can speak with empathy and authority to all levels of people, from small business owners to CEO’s. You never hesitate to close a deal.
- Innovative – You’re creative in your approach to market penetration, constantly seek new opportunities, and can build out highly effective long and short-term strategies.
It goes without saying that you should also be an exceptional communicator and relationship builder. Clients are drawn to your personality, and you earn their trust through your competence and instinctive understanding of their needs.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role with a highly attractive total compensation package that includes a stable base plus highly lucrative commission, benefits, vacation, and vehicle/travel expenses. We will also provide you with any technology you need to do your job, including cell phone and laptop.
You will spend up to 50% of your time travelling throughout the GTA, so valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle is essential. As you grow in the role you may also be required to travel to the U.S., so a valid passport is ideal.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, up-beat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
- Post-secondary studies in a related field (Administration, Marketing, Business etc.)
- 2 to 3 years of experience in B2B sales and business development
- Technical sales experience would be considered an asset
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (formulas, formatting, presentations), and CRM software
- Experience giving sales presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and ability to travel (50%) within GTA
- Bilingual French/English would be an asset