Field Service Technician (3D Printer CNC)Apply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 10 years the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services. Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician (3D Printer CNC).
If you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Field Service Technician (3D Printer CNC)
Today we’re looking for a new Field Service Technician (3D printer & CNC) based in Vaughan, to serve our growing customer base in that area and across Canada.
Your goal in this position is great customer relationships built on excellent technical expertise and service.
Most of the time you’ll be on the road, visiting customers, and providing installations, training, and customer support for Stratasys 3D Printers, RapidShape 3D printers, and imes-icore CNC mills. Other times, you’ll work from home or the Vaughan office calling on existing and former customers to check on their service agreements or encourage them to renew.
When you uncover significant sales opportunities, our sales reps will be there to back you up. In the same way, when the sales or engineering teams need your technical expertise, you’ll be their go-to person.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working from a home, the Vaughan office as well as on the road. Most travel will be within the GTA area and Canada. With potential training course opportunities in USA and Europe.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company.
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success.
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture.
The best field service techs are mechanically inclined; some come from mechanical engineering programs and others have the technical aptitude to learn on the job. In either case, no amount of education and experience is enough if you can’t tighten a bolt or reassemble a machine. The best techs are also good with people and service-oriented.
Specifically, we hope you will apply if you have these qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel within Ontario and the rest of Canada
- Must have previous experience being a technician on the road
- Mechanical engineering technology or equivalent diploma/degree
- General mechanical experience an asset
- Strong technical skills (mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, IT)
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve technical issues
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping and CNC/dental applications knowledge would be considered an asset
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Organized and detailed oriented
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.