Field Service TechnicianApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 15 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for someone who loves technology and is a strong communicator, comfortable providing technical training to clients.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with a long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Today we’re looking for a new Field Service Technician based in Georgia or Florida to serve our growing customer base in that area.
Your goal in this position is excellent customer relationships built on technical expertise and service.
Most of the time, you’ll be on the road, visiting customers and providing installations, training and customer support for 3D Printers and Dental CNC equipment Mills. Other times, you’ll work from your home office, calling on existing and former customers to check on their service agreements or encourage them to renew their service coverage.
When you uncover significant sales opportunities, our sales team will be there to back you up. In the same way, when the sales or engineering teams need your technical expertise, you’ll be their go-to person.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working from home and on the road. Most travel will be within the North Eastern region of the U.S.A. You’ll be compensated by a competitive base salary, commensurate with your experience.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here, and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture
The best Field Service Technicians are mechanically inclined; some come from mechanical engineering programs and others have the technical aptitude to learn on the job. In either case, no amount of education and experience is enough if you can’t tighten a bolt or reassemble a machine. The best techs are also good with people and service-oriented.
Specifically, we hope you will apply if you have these qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel within North America, possibly Europe for training
- Mechanical engineering technology or equivalent diploma/degree (an asset)
- General mechanical experience an asset
- Strong technical skills (mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, IT)
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve technical issues
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping and 3D laser scanning would be an asset
- Digital Dental Knowledge would be an asset
- CNC milling and/or 3D printing experience would be an asset
- imes- icore® technical training experience would be an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please contact us if we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.