Operations & Manufacturing ManagerApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 16 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for Industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for an Operations & Manufacturing Manager who will have full leadership accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and cost for the operations at Proto3000 and managing the daily production & improvement aspects of the site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing (Engineering Service Department)
- Strong understanding of all technology (3D printers, materials, related software, 3D scanners and equipment)
- Overseeing the production, scheduling, production feasibility, production prioritization and understanding material changeover and timelines
- Directs production staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Assigns work to department personnel to attain department objectives using knowledge of production processes, company policies, production schedules, work orders, equipment capacity and employee capabilities.
- Capacity planning, resource and capital expenditure planning
- Oversee and participate in the launch of new technology platforms
- Work closely with the technical support team to ensure equipment reliability and performance at optimal efficiency and cost
- Participate and oversee the implementation of Manufacturing Systems (MES) and other workflows to improve efficiency
- Improve internal efficiency and the customer experience
- Establish and control procedures to ensure the production of conforming fabricated assembly components.
- Manages workflow by assigning and, if required, monitoring process operations and variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, implementing cost reductions, complying with, and developing reporting procedures and systems
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing procedures and complying with regulations.
- Responsible for ISO 9001
- Provides objective feedback for continued employee growth.
- Set department goals and develop outline for achievement.
- Monitor profitability of projects/products against budget, identify and manage project risks and apply corrective action as required. Implement and monitor performance indicators.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure production quality.
- Ensure good communication between the different internal groups.
- Oversee the coordination of equipment maintenance with the technical team
- Work with the Technical Manager to plan and implement new equipment installations with vendors, coordinate proper operator training for staff
- Occasionally, attend trade shows.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other relevant education
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Six Sigma accreditation would be an asset
- Experience with 3D printers and related Software (CAD), 3D scanners and equipment or similar technology
- Experience in implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems or similar programs would be an asset
- Experience with IS9001:2015 and overseeing regular renewals and future updates.
- Experience in additive manufacturing would be an asset
- Ability to apply managerial skills to support, develop and manage assigned workforce
- Good team and process management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to participate in and promote continuous improvement activities.
- Able to conduct basic root cause analysis using structured problem-solving methods.
- Working knowledge of basic facility infrastructure and mechanical equipment.
- Good project management skills and excellent communication skills
- Effective ability to quickly analyze manufacturing procedures, functions, and problems to develop and recommend creative, practical solutions
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. Ask our employees what it’s like to work here, and they’ll tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red tape to impede you from doing your job.