Application SpecialistApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 14 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for an Application Specialist. Someone who can lead the development of technologies and their use cases.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a dynamic, innovative company with long track record of success, we want to hear from you.
You’ll work closely with our design and sales team to develop best practices for the use of technology and production equipment. You will help to develop new applications and use cases, while working to maximize the efficiency of workflows. You will help to plan and prove system and part capability to aid in the sales process of parts and equipment. You will help with design for additive manufacturing and part analysis on prospect projects and parts.
- Work with clients to determine solutions that work
- Work with internal teams to determine solutions that work
- Provide direction, guidance to clients and internal team members
- Use Solid Works/3D CAD modeling, 2D drawings
- Prepare sketches and drawings
- Provide mechanical design/drafting as requested
- Manage projects to meet deadlines
The best in this role will do more than produce working designs and solutions: they will take pride in their work and be interested in the business as a whole. If you’ve got the know-how to make substantial contributions, and the drive to see projects through, then this is the role for you.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. You may be required to travel within Ontario as required. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive base salary, benefits and vacation.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
- College graduate from a Mechanical Engineering or related program
- 2-3 years experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks, 3D CAD modeling
- Advanced knowledge of 3D printing and additive manufacturing
- Fluent in GD&T
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel within Ontario
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Specific Knowledge/Experience with Metal 3D printing, and/or DLP Resin 3D printing considered an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.