Purchasing and Inventory SpecialistApply Now
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 15 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services.
Our technology and expertise have been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
We are looking for a Purchasing and Inventory Specialist to ensure our purchasing and inventory’s timely and efficient management. This person will play a key role in the quoting of and execution of projects as it relates to job-specific materials and monitoring of stock levels.
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist | Duties and Responsibilities*:
- Ensure the planning of and purchasing of materials necessary to support the successful execution of our projects.
- Review quotes to determine suppliers with the highest quality goods at the lowest possible price.
- Complete purchase orders ensuring quality requirements are understood and passed to vendors.
- Review inventory at regular intervals to ensure stock levels are up to date and an adequate supply of necessary goods/consumables is maintained.
- Perform quarterly analysis of vendor performance and work with QA via our vendor approval process.
- Track the status of orders and resolve errors on purchase orders, as required.
- Lead improvements in purchasing, inventory and logistics processes.
- Oversee Logistics and handling Shipments (Canada & USA)
- Coordinate and collaborate with product managers to ensure categories and codes are correct
- Review inventory: Corrections or Negative investigation
- Audit and monitor sales orders
- Back up for customer service support administrator
- Assist with other projects, duties and responsibilities as needed.
- 3 -5 years experience in purchasing and inventory management
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP) or post-secondary related education
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience with ERP systems would be considered an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the entire Microsoft suite
- Strong aptitude for working in teams
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role working at our Vaughan location. You’ll be compensated by a competitive base salary, commensurate with your experience.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here, and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, upbeat, casual culture
*Other duties may be assigned