Sales ManagerApply Now
It’s not every day that you find an opportunity where you can take advantage of your sales expertise, leadership ability, and passion for growing a business, in equal parts. Today is that day. If you’re ready to sink your teeth into a role in an organization where you can truly add value as a sales and operations leader, then this is the role for you.
Who are we?
Additive manufacturing and metrology are changing the way we design and manufacture. For over 14 years, the Proto3000 team has been committed to empowering businesses to solve tough engineering and production challenges with our portfolio of products and services. As a cutting-edge technology integrator, our technology and expertise has been instrumental in designing the next generation of aircraft, pushing performance vehicles to be faster and lighter, transforming manufacturing facilities to be ready for industry 4.0, and producing medical tools and devices that save lives.
As our new Sales Manager, your primary purpose will be to provide sales and operational leadership to our team, with a focus on driving and increasing sales/revenue, development and implementation of the sales strategy, coaching and motivating our team, and managing our sales process to deliver a seamless customer experience.
In addition, your leadership role will extend beyond sales, as you manage and oversee the day-to-day sales operations.
- Develop and implement the business unit sales strategy and business in support of the overall sales strategy, goals, and objectives, ensuring that set targets and quotas are met
- Develop and manage the sales budget for annual sales campaigns, promotions, and initiatives in coordination with other departments and teams
- Identify key market segments, new prospects, and sources. Develop plans and select the best sales approach to generate and increase revenue with new leads
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to retain business and promote revenue growth opportunities
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations, write reports, proposals, and price quotes for customers. Negotiate contracts and successfully close deals
- Regularly monitor and report on set quotas, targets, goals, and revenue requirements for the sales team
- Supervise and oversee the day-to-day activities of the sales staff
- Coach, mentor and guide the sales staff on the sales process, techniques, and best practices to assist and motivate individuals to meet and exceed set goals
- Manage sales orders and customer service requirements
- Build and maintain effective relationships with existing customers, ensuring satisfaction
- Provide information on Proto3000’s product and service offerings to enhance awareness and build business, cross-selling and up-selling opportunities
- Follow-up to ensure orders are processed correctly, information is accurate, customer’s needs are met, and issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Monitor historical information and trends to gain insight into future performance, potential gaps, and unmet needs
- Perform regular industry, market, consumer, competitor and profitability analysis and revise strategy and plans accordingly
- Manage and nurture existing vendor relationships
- Oversee business requirements & strategic vision to establish new vendor relationships for complimentary products and services
This is an autonomous role, with a broad scope that will keep you highly engaged and motivated. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and confident go-getter – someone who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and get into the thick of it. This is an incredible opportunity to grow your sales and operational leadership skills, drive success, and deliver results. If this sounds exciting to you, then we want to meet you.
Working @ Proto3000
This is a full-time, permanent role based out of our Vaughan office. Once established, you will have the ability to work remotely and come into the office a few times a week. Total compensation for this role includes a highly attractive base salary, benefits, commission, vacation, and vehicle/travel expenses. We will also provide you with any technology you need to do your job, including cell phone and laptop.
You will be required to travel throughout Ontario, across Canada, and occasionally into the US, so a valid driver’s license, vehicle, passport, and willingness/ability to do so is essential.
Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- It’s a cutting-edge, innovative industry and company
- The company is small enough that you can wear many hats, learn many things, and have a great impact on success
- And we enjoy a positive, up-beat, casual culture, with very little red-tape to impede you from doing your job
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a sales role, with the ability to develop new business and meet or exceed sales targets
- Previous experience developing and mentoring a Sales team
- Proven track record planning, organizing, and managing large-scale projects, sales plans, and initiatives
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office 365 to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working within a similar industry e.g., medical device, hardware/software distribution, pharmaceutical or other related field with a preference for 3D printing sector experience
- Experience working in various environments including offices, conference centers, exhibition halls and other environments, depending on the needs of the customer
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel frequently across Canada, with a valid passport and willingness/ability to travel into the US
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.