Within the caps and closures production, the importance of a perfect appearance, functionality, and repeatability is crucial. The surface quality of a cap compression mold tool affects the end product’s productivity, quality and aesthetics. It’s all about the closure.
Dry electropolishing prevents imperfections on the closure’s surface, performance reduction of the press due to long press cycles, a short lifespan of the compression molds and sticking of the cap during decompression.
To reach the technical specifications of the surface and the lowest total process time and cost, our client implemented DLyte successfully. As a result, he achieved:
- high-gloss polishing of compression mold punches while decreasing friction,
- cap adherence prevention
- premature failure and corrosion.
And all of this while keeping tight tolerances.
In this document, you will find out why dry electropolishing is the preferred process for the surface finishing of cap compression molding tools.
You will also learn:
- Why is dry electropolishing more effective than current methods
- How dry electropolishing works
- Benefits of dry electropolishing for the medical device industry
- Cost analysis of dry electropolishing, including CAPEX and OPEX
Fill out the form to download the case study to learn how a manufacturer of cap compression molding tools improved the quality of its products and its profit.