Within the tablet production field, the importance of a perfect appearance of the pills in a package is crucial to avoid doubts about the integrity and quality of the product.
Dry electropolishing plays a major role because it:
- automates the polishing process
- avoids imperfections in the surface or breakage of the tablets
- improves the performance and extends the lifespan of the pressing tools, while reducing time, costs and environmental impact
- it precisely automates surface finishing operations and
- it preserves geometry, tolerances and biocompatibility.
This case study explains how a manufacturer of tablet punches improved the quality of the products while reducing time and costs using DLyte. The company replaced a multi-step process, including automated abrasive polishing and manual polishing using nylon and brass brushes, with the DryLyte® technology.
You’ll also find out:
- Why dry electropolishing is more effective than current methods
- How dry electropolishing works
- The benefits of dry electropolishing for the medical device industry and
- Cost analysis of Dry electropolishing including CAPEX and OPEX
Fill out the form to access the case study.