MakerBot Method X
3D Print with Industrial Grade Materials in a 100°C Heated Chamber
The MakerBot Method X is a desktop 3D printing platform powered by Stratasys 3D printing technology and key patents that enable industrial-grade performance, reliability, and materials. Featuring a heated build chamber capable of reaching 100°C, dual-extrusion, and SR-30 soluble support material you can now 3D print with engineering materials like ABS and ASA to build end-use parts, manufacturing tools, functional prototypes, and jigs and fixtures.
Built to Perform.
The MakerBot Method X was designed from the ground up to be a desktop solution for tough design, engineering, and manufacturing projects.
- 21 Onboard Sensors
- Wifi Connectivity
- Remote Monitoring + Printing
- 25 Compatible file types
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing
- 5″ Full-colour capacitive touch screen
- Performance materials
- Industrial-grade extrusion systems
Built from the ground up with reliability in mind, the Dual Performance Extruder system can accelerate print times while providing dimensional accuracy consistently. Inside the extrusion system, there are multiple sensors measuring everything from low material to active jam protection, ensuring your prints come out as intended.
- 19:1 dual drive gear ratio keeps material loaded and ready for reliable extrusion at every layer
- Lengthened thermal core
- Less than 60-second startup time
- One for model, one for soluble support
Circulating Heated Chamber
Experience uncompromised layer adhesion and part strength with the circulating heated chamber on the MakerBot Method desktop 3D printer. A heated built plate only lets you control the adhesion and quality of the first layer, but with full active heat immersion throughout the print, you can control the temperature and quality of every layer.
- Reduce warping and layer delamination
- Heats the entire duration of the print
- 2 Chamber heaters
Smart Materials and Storage
With the MakerBot Method’s dry-sales material bays, your 3D printing material is stored in an optimized environment to maintain its integrity. With the material kept away from damaging humidity, and with sensors to monitor the environment, you can be confident it will print the way it was intended.
- Dry-sealed material bays
- Smart sensors for monitoring the environment
- 2 material bays – 1 model, 1 support
- Smart assist material loader
- Smart spools monitor color and quantity
Soluble and Dissolvable Support
The Method X can 3D print with both MakerBot’s new Water-Soluble PVA material and Stratasys SR-30 soluble support material for use with more industrial thermoplastics like ABS and ASA.
- Unrestricted geometric freedom
- Great for 3D printing large overhangs, cavities and other complex geometries
- Water soluble or for SR-30 soluble with an Ecoworks solution and a support removal station
- Superior print quality and surface finish
- Designed to work with a range of materials
The ultra-rigid metal frame on the MakerBot Method runs the full length of the system, leaving less opportunity for flexing, and more reliability. With this new robust frame design, you can be confident that your prints will be accurate, with fewer print failures.